February 10th - 11th
This two-day course delivered by OPEX CCP Instructor and HQ head coach and CCP instructor Michael Bann. The course will give coaches new tools to upgrade their athletes’ performance in the gym and on the field. Topics range from corrective exercise, to why smashing and mashing isn’t usually the answer to an athlete’s problems, to improving digestion for increased performance – no stone will be left unturned. Stop wasting time and get the knowledge you need to change your client’s lives.
What the course will cover
• Review of a practical Movement Assessment
• Breakdown of that Assessment
• What To Do With that Assessment Data
– more tests and what else to look for
• How to Train The Core For Performance
• Reactive Neuromuscular Training
• Correcting and building proper movement patterns
– includes creating awareness of current movement patterns
• The Science of Verbal cueing and making it work for you.
– Understanding that how words you use impact muscle activation as well as performance and movement
• Basic Life Style guidelines
– How little habits become big gains in performance.
• Making Mobility, Stability and Strength work
– Are you wasting your time smashing, mashing, flossing and stretching? There’s a better way.
The weekend will be a mix of lecture and hands-on, as you and your classmates use your new found skill to assess and correct each other.
Be sure to your thinking caps. Michael will be challenging perspectives on what mobility is and what it isn’t and how the nervous system controls all of it… leading us back to why smashing and mashing isn’t usually the answer to an athlete’s problems!